Job Title: Counselor
Organisation: Out and Proud Uganda
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Out and Proud Uganda is a not for profit organization that advocates for the legal and health rights of key populations in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Counselor will provide counseling services to newly diagnosed HIV patients and those already in care. They will work together with the health facility teams to improve Same-Day ART Initiation, Retention of clients on antiretroviral therapy (ART) PrEP and PEP initiation and other HIV/STI related services in Wakiso district. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent individuals who are passionate about providing counseling services .
Key population members are highly encouraged to apply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer counseling services to newly diagnosed HIV patients, their partners, and families as appropriate.
· Provide counselling for same-day ART and PrEP initiation.
· Ensure continued engagement for in care clients that initiate ART and PrEP
· Offer on-going counselling to HIV+ clients, their partners, and families as appropriately needed.
· Provide counselling required for HIV Recency testing
· Complete required documentation in source documents e.g registers
· Provide adherence counseling to clients failing on ART
. Provide psychosocial support to individuals besides HIV related support. That is Gender based violence, Couple counseling, Intimate Partner violence, Addictions and other mental health related issues!
· Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Diploma in Counselling and Guidance or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning will be an added advantage.
· HIV/AIDS Counselling Certificate
· At least one years’ relevant experience in HIV counselling.
· Good communication skills and counselling skills
· Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS.
· Must have knowledge and understanding of the local language.
. Must be able to work with Key population members. That is; LGBTIQA+, sex workers e.t.c without stigma or discrimination.
· Applicant Must be a resident of the above district or nearby areas.
· Attach a photocopy of an original National ID.
· At least one years’ relevant experience in HIV counselling preferably rural health facilities
· An LC I Recommendation Letter from the area of your residence.
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates ( in one document (Word/PDF)) addressed to email@example.com Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 5th May 2021 at 5:00 pm