The Finance and Operations Department of the Program on Independent Journalism is at the heart of program’s grant making operations and plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of the program. The Program Administrative Specialist will work under direct supervision of the manager of the Finance and Operations unit of the Program on Independent Journalism and will provide general administrative support to the whole program. This is a fixed term maternity cover position.
- prepare consultancy contracts under the supervision of the Manager of Finance and Operations and liaise with colleagues in the program and Open Society Foundations Finance Legal Department throughout the process
- provide administrative support and coordinate the logistics of program related events, as needed, such as workshops, training seminars, meetings and conferences for the whole program
- assist in the program’s grant making operations and keep abreast of Open Society Foundations grant policies, to be able give guidance for colleagues as necessary, and to be able to help with problem solving when needed
- contribute to the development of PIJ’s strategy and strategy reviews, annual work-plans and budgets
- participate in staff retreats and Advisory Board meetings when requested and prepare relevant presentations, briefs or graphics for these meetings or for other conferences, workshops or events where PIJ is participating
- participate in the weekly meetings of PIJ staff and share information and suggestions related to funding requests and to circulate knowledge from the field
- contribute to the creation of organizational and technical tools that will make the work-flow more efficient internally, as well as towards grant-seekers and grantees
- bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably journalism and/or media studies; business management; finances and/or accounting or law
- 3-5 years of experience relevant to the duties of this role
- administrative experience at a complex, preferably international organisation
- experience in working independently on complex tasks and financial administrative duties
- experience in handling multiple projects effectively in a fast paced environment and work under pressure.
- Experience in organizing events, preferably large and involving people travelling from different countries.
- experience on coordinating legal contracts or managing grants
- high proficiency in office technology and IT solutions, including the Microsoft Office suite
- strong attention to detail
- fluency in English and preferably knowledge of other languages, specifically Arabic, Spanish or Russian
- superior interpersonal and organisational stills, with ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
Deadline: 29th June
To apply visit https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/jobs/jr-0000327/program-administrative-specialist?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=osffbpg