HRAPF is an independent, non-partisan, non-governmental organisation registered under the laws of Uganda. HRAPF is specifically interested in human rights awareness, promotion, protection, and advocacy for marginalised groups. HRAPF takes a legal approach to its work and its main strategies are: legal aid service provision; legal and policy analysis; research and documentation; and strategic litigation.
HRAPF is seeking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Community Paralegal in charge of LGBTI persons
Assisting the Legal team in implementing activities and coordinating the work of community paralegals
Legal Officer, Access to Justice
An A level certificate and a HRAPF Community Paralegal certificate
No working experience required. However, previous work with the LGBTI
Community is an added advantage.
- Coordinate the work of community paralegals
- Interview clients
- Together with the line Legal Associate carry out research to establish facts about clients cases
- Do clerical and fieldwork including process service and delivery of letters and documents
- File clients’ documents with courts of law and update clients files as instructed by the line supervisor
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a team
- Lobbying, advocacy and research skills
- Good public relations skills
- Alternative Dispute Resolution skills
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday 7th July 2016. Applications can also be hand delivered at HRAPF offices on Plot 390 Prof. Apolo Nsibambi Road, Namirembe Kampala.