CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF OUTREACH COORDINATOR
HRAPF is an independent, non-partisan, Non- Governmental organisation registered under the laws of Uganda. HRAPF is specifically interested in human rights awareness, promotion, protection and advocacy in favour of the most marginalised persons in Uganda. To achieve these objectives, HRAPF employs legal and policy analysis, legal research and strategic litigation. HRAPF also works closely with like-minded organisations to achieve its objectives. It is for purposes of strengthening its collaboration and partnerships with these organisations that HRAPF seeks to recruit an Outreach Coordinator.
The position is a one-year, full time post, renewable subject to continued need and available funding.
The Outreach Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
- To strengthen and develop HRAPF partnerships and networks both national and international
- Understand partner organizations area of expertise and identify areas of active involvement in HRAPF activities based on expertise and prior commitments by organisations
- Liaising with interested parties who wish to collaborate with HRAPF, including doing an initial appraisal of their genuineness and commitment to the issues
- Maintaining an up-to-date register of partner organisations, including relevant contact person and contact information
- Strategically liaising with allies in the region based on their agreed contribution to the objectives of HRAPF activities
- To provide line management to the HRAPF outreach project volunteers and other staff under the project.
- Strong background and evidence of active commitment to the promotion of human rights for all, including sexual and reproductive health rights
- Proven commitment to working in an anti-discriminatory manner.
- A good understanding of social movements, social media, and advocacy
- A good appreciation of the legal framework of Uganda, as well as regional andinternational human rights standards and institutions.
- A university degree in law, arts or social sciences.
- Excellent analytical skills and an in-depth understanding of the social, economicand political context of Uganda.
- Excellent written and spoken English and a good working knowledge of 2 otherUgandan local languages.
- Proven experience of working with marginalised groups in Uganda.
Applications from women, disabled persons, sexual and gender minorities and members of other marginalised groups are welcome.
The successful candidate will be expected to be computer literate and to have or to acquire within the first two months, touch-typing skills to a minimum of 25 words per minute.
NOTE: HRAPF is explicitly committed to non-discrimination and respect of human rights to all
Interested persons are encouraged to send their CV, the contact details of three referees and a covering letter expressing their motivation for applying for the position to [email protected]
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 13th March 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The successful candidate will be requested to begin their duties with immediate effect.