HER Internet is a women-led organization advocating for the internet equalities for marginalized women in Uganda. These marginalized women include but are not limited to; sexual and gender minorities, women in incarceration, refugees, victims of trafficking and women in hard to reach areas. It was established in mid-2018 by an individual who felt that the rights to freedom of expression, privacy, data protection and internet access of marginalized women are being neglected. This was further compounded by the increased rates of online harassment, blackmail and extortion, non-consensual sharing of private information and other forms of cyber crime, surveillance and censorship targeted at marginalized women under their unique circumstances for example; as a result of their sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and/or choice of work, living conditions and geographical areas.
HER Internet was formed with a clear mission to close the knowledge gap on online and offline security, dissemination of information on access to and utilization of ICTs and other tools, support protection of data, research and documentation on access to and use of the internet as well as supporting discussions around engaging more marginalized women on the internet.
HER Internet was also formed with a clear purpose of challenging the Patriarchy that manifests online and extends past the general spaces to permeate our spaces as women, as well as our subconscious actions on how we use the internet and other ICTs to enable this oppressive system. This manifests in the shrinking of spaces; even within the civil society space itself, censoring; creating an environment rife with self-censorship making it hard to realize agency, policing of voice and body which makes it hard to express oneself and inadvertently limits others from accessing certain information.
We are therefore looking for women (in all our diversity) who are self-driven and have the passion to contribute to the change we want for the positions of Program Manager, Finance Manager, Communications Manager and Executive Assistant. Please see below the respective job descriptions and requirements and send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com before close of business on 1st December, 2018.
We are looking for a Program Manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Program Manager Responsibilities
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including community engagement and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the rest of the team.
Program Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of project management.
We are looking for a new Executive Assistant to support our executive team. You will manage mostly business related tasks for the team such as creating reports, organizing travel and accommodation, taking minutes, and other organizational tasks. To do this role properly you should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite, be extremely fast at solving problems and have experience as an executive or administration assistant in the past.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents.
- Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages.
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives.
- Helping prepare for meetings.
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings.
- Greeting visitors and deciding if they should be able to meet with executives.
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed.
- Making travel arrangements for executives.
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming emails, and other correspondence.
- Provide general administrative support.
Executive Assistant Requirements:
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- High school level education.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
We are looking to hire a Finance Manager with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Finance Managers are expected to be detail oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills and an investigative nature.
To ensure success, candidates should have a deep commercial awareness, strong numeracy skills, and a keen interest in the growth, efficiency and profitability of the organization. Top candidates will have outstanding communication and report writing skills with a superb technical ability and fantastic negotiation skills.
Finance Managers Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and execute financial tasks and projects of the organization.
- Make estimates of funds required for short and long-term financial objectives of the organization.
- Complete financial reports, lead month-end closing process.
- Develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to drive the performance of the organization.
- Evaluate financial performance of the organization.
Finance Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related (essential).
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) accreditation (optional).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (optional)
- At least 2 years of work experience as a Finance Manager (essential).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAP and other financial planning software.
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications Manager to lead our communications department. In this position, you will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages stakeholders and builds brand recognition.
Your main duties will also include creating informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our company’s activities. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with brilliant presentation and organizational skills.
- Create informative and interesting newsletters, and related materials.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build the organisation.
- Prepare detailed media activity reports.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all communication materials.
- Work with different departments to generate new ideas and strategies.
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready.
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new activities, launches and events.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.