The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant post will be currently working remotely and he or she works under the overall leadership and supervision of the National Coordinator of the Uganda Key Populations Consortium (UKPC).
UKPC received funding from UHAI EASHRI, an indigenous activist fund supporting the struggle for the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) and sex worker Africans across the continent. The funding, is geared toward implementing a COVID19 Emergency Response Project is supporting 78 leaders of UKPC membership, purchasing three toll free lines for its members who are providing service delivery and assist in linking the community members to services and support. Under this project therefore, constant tracking of the M&E Framework to assess the reach and impact of the project is key.
The Uganda Key Populations Consortium is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M,E&L) Assistant. The ideal candidate should have worked in an M&E position for at least three or four years especially in Sexual Reproductive Health and
Rights, HIV advocacy, women’s empowerment or any project that has focused on key populations.The
M, E & L Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that UKPC COVID19 Emergency Response Programs are supported through planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
The role therefore, will contribute to overall program quality through the conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies, including developing high quality written products. The emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for program reach, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the various UKPC focus areas. This position will mostly be online but will require travel to the field where necessary.
The National Coordinator will technically supervise M, E & L Assistant.
The responsibilities of the M,E&L Assistant;
- Ensuring that UKPC’s monitoring standards are implemented for improved program quality and use of data within the organization and the project beneficiaries.
- Contributing to the rollout of UKPC’s M&E framework related to measurement including adapting in-country favorable tools where needed to enable reporting for the COVID19 Emergency Response Project.
- Developing project specific monitoring and indicator tracking tools in consultation with the National Coordinator and the Communications Coordinator.
- Streamlining data flow processes, storage, management, cleaning, verification and timely reporting on program performance for all sectors
- Leading the planning and implementation of periodic field/online monitoring exercises and data quality assessments including dissemination of findings and follow up of action points
Evaluation, Learning and Documentation
- Ensuring relevant, timely, and quality support to UKPC’s COVID19 Emergency Response project focus areas on assessments, surveys and evaluations including developing data collection tools, supporting data analysis, report writing and dissemination of findings (if applicable).
- When appropriate/applicable, facilitating and participating in information sharing opportunities among UKPC’s partners/donors, including requests for documentation and information from third party monitors.
- Maintaining a proper filing/archiving/storage system for all M&E resources including data collection tools, datasets, reports, SOPs, strategies among others.
Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
Candidate selection will be based on the criteria described below.
University degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or other relevant fields with at least three years of relevant professional work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in NGO in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian, key populations and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Excel, SPSS or any other data analysis software
- Experience with mobile data collection techniques is preferred
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential
How to apply
Please send your resume (not more than two pages) and a one paged motivational letter on why you are a suitable candidate for the vacancy to email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the subject as:[Your first name] M,E&L Assistant application.
The deadline for applications is August 31st, 2020 at 5:00PM EAT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UKPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. UKPC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.