Kuchu Times Media Groups is looking for self-driven and dedicated persons to join our Board of Directors. The BOD will be tasked with bringing skills and experience in setting KTMG on a sustainable and fiscal pathway to expand our reach and capacity as a media house focused on Uganda’s LGBT community
Opportunity Closing date: September 28th 2020
Opportunity type: Board Member
Kuchu Times was started in September 2015 to inspire and empower the LGBTIQ+ community tell their stories, influence the media narrative of our lived realities and ensure positive visibility of Queer persons in Uganda and Africa as a whole. Initiated as a reaction to rampant distortion of LBGTQ+ narratives by anti-gay fanatics KuchuTimes has grown to a verifiable information source with 5 editions of annual publication Bombastic Magazine https://www.kuchutimes.com/downloads/ and +5million website hits.
We are a diverse and motivated people looking to put in place an equally diverse and driven team as our Board of Advisors. The position is voluntary and not remunerated. We are looking for qualified individuals who will add value to our group. The individuals should:
- have a keen interest in the Human Rights; Gender and Bodily Autonomy
- be of the highest integrity and have an inquiring mind, willingness and ability to ask hard questions
- be willing and able to devote sufficient time to the affairs of the group and diligent in fulfilling the responsibilities of the board
- have the capacity and desire to represent the best interests of the stakeholders
- have an understanding of the non-profit sector and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Leadership and Governance
- Networking and Profile Growth
- Human Resource and Communication Management
- Fundraising and Finance Management
- Legal affairs
The KuchuTimes Board meetings take place twice a year i.e. in September and February with our AGM taking place in May. However, the board may meet from time to time as need drives.
To apply, Please email your 1 page letter of interest to email@example.com by September 28th 2020.
For more info about Kuchu Times Media Group please visit https://www.kuchutimes.com/