We’re seeking a part-time project manager (50%) as maternity cover for a project in digital human rights work in Uganda in cooperation with local and international partners. The main goal of the project is to strengthen human rights in Uganda through the effective and innovative use of digital infrastructure and tools as well as to establish a digital mindset in various target groups.
Future Challenges deals with the topic of how digitization can enforce human rights. Registered as an independent, nonprofit association since 2014, Future Challenges was originally founded in 2011 as a blogger platform funded by the Bertelsmann Foundation to give a voice to people around the world to blog on topics such as globalization, democracy and human rights.
The following three areas are central to the project: the setup of a community of practice, the strengthening of competencies in areas of digital human rights work, and the implementation of human rights through further development of local players’ innovative potentials. Already existing concepts and networks shall be identified, further developed, and professionalised. Simultaneous to the three central areas, digital documentation of the activities as well as an impact analysis shall create a basis for effective and innovative, digital-based human rights work.
Supporting the project lead with project components led by Future Challenges.
- Management of different implemented projects:
- Project management and administration
- Planning of different activities in cooperation with Ugandan partners
- Communication & community management with various stakeholders
- Close collaboration with our project partners in Berlin and Uganda
- Further development of the website and the security concept:
- Managing the further development of the project-based website with third-party service providers
- Supporting the tech lead in retaining the digital security concept
- Identifying different digital tools for digital Human Rights work and consulting in terms of their implementation to support Ugandan human rights organisations
- University degree in any social sciences field, masters degree preferred
- A minimum of one year experience in project management
- Functional knowledge in ICT4D in terms of the use of digital infrastructure and tools, ideally in the civic area
- Experience in human rights work, ideally competencies in digital human rights protection
- Expertise in google suite, MS Office
- Digital mindset, intercultural competency, consulting experience
- Excellent proficiency in English, good proficiency in German (in speech and writing)
- start date: October
- Salary according to work experience
- Limited to 9 – 14 months
- Part-time (50%) (20h/week)
- Willingness to travel to Uganda (if possible due to Corona)
- Place of work: Berlin (possibility to work remotely at times)
Please apply until 10th of September with a letter of motivation, resume (CV), and relevant references in one pdf or a link to the required documents via email to email@example.com.