Closing Date: 06 March 2015
No late applications will be accepted
The One in Nine Campaign
Formed in 2006, the One in Nine Campaign is a network of organisations and individuals driven by feminist principles and the desire to live in a society where women are the agents of their own lives, including their sexual lives. The Campaign supports and advocates for the rights of women who speak out against sexual violence as well as other survivors in five ways:
- Solidarity in Action and Building Feminist Activism
- Feminist Knowledge Production and Research
- Media Advocacy
- Justice and Legal Transformation
- Direct Action
See more at www.oneinnine.org.za
The One in Nine Campaign seeks to appoint a Campaign Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg
Duration: 1 year commencing on the 1 June 2015
The Campaign Coordinator, under the direction of the Board of Directors, is responsible for the overall management and operation of the Campaign. Along with the board, the Coordinator ensures the implementation of current and long-term organisational goals and objectives, as well as policies and procedures. They are responsible for developing plans to achieve these goals; implementing policy; supervising all other senior roles in the organisation; fundraising and managing; maintaining Board relations; and supervising administrative management for the organisation.
Specifically, the Campaign Coordinator’s work falls into the following performance areas:
- Strategic Leadership – Work with the governance structure, campaign members and staff in shaping and translating the Campaign’s vision, mission and purpose into action.
- Leadership and Management – management of staff and staff development; work allocation; actively engage volunteers, interns and staff; convene staff meetings; work in line with the Campaign Human Resources policies
- Programmatic Work – Ensure program implementation takes place to the required quality and within agreed timeframes; oversee implementation through regular monitoring, work review sessions and meetings, ensuring programmatic excellence and compliance to Campaign principles
- Representing the organization – Maintain relationships within the NGO communities, social movements, donor communities and in the media
- Finance – Manage the Campaign’s Financial affairs in line with Campaign policies and procedures, donor contracts and accounting standards; oversee and approve financial reports, cash flow projections and annual audits; Signatory on accounts and approve expenditure in line with funding and contracts
- Fundraising – Prepare funding proposals, concept notes; Liaise with donors; Prepare and submit donor reports timeously; Ensure donors are informed of any developments within the organisation as required by donor contracts
The successful candidate will be a feminist who:
- Has 5 – 7 years of job experience in similar positions, including having demonstrated success in general management, financial management, fundraising, strategic planning and a proven ability to develop and implement an advocacy strategy
- Has extensive knowledge of the gender based violence and related women’s rights sectors in South Africa
- Is a visionary and strategic leader who can work effectively with all stakeholders in the organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong meeting and facilitation skills
- Has excellent organisational, administrative and financial management skills
- Can plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; and work with directly with stakeholders.
Applications accompanied by:
- A letter of motivation
- An up-to-date CV
- 3 references (their names; position; formal relationship to applicant; contact details)
Email: [email protected]
Selection and interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on the 13 March 2015 Interviews will be conducted in March 2015