ISHTAR MSM CALLS FOR COMMUNITY MOBILIZERS
Ishtar-MSM exclusively runs the Ishtar Wellness Centre which provides the following services which mainly target men who have sex with other men (MSM) in Nairobi:
• HIV counseling and testing
• STI screening and Treatment
• Referrals to MSM friendly Care Centers
• Distribution of Lubricants and Condoms to MSM
• Safe sex workshops
• Open Forum discussions
• Peer Education and Counseling
• Outdoor activities
• Behavioral and structural interventions
Ishtar is looking for Community Mobilizers to engage young MSM(18-24yrs), MSM students from various colleges and Universities, Bi-men, Male sex workers, Gay men and MSM + in Nairobi and its environs to access the services above at the Wellness Centre. If you are a young MSM, Bi-man, Male sex worker, Gay man, MSM + and live in Nairobi or its environs and are;
• Kenyan and Dynamic
• Have basic knowledge of HIV
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Articulate and confident in presentation & lobbying.
• Able to work as part of a team
• Have a strong network e.g. Facebook/Twitter/Blogging/MSM social groups
• Willing and able to commit to this project
We invite applications from individuals who want to volunteer in mobilizing, giving health talks/education and activists with a passion to work within the community.
Attach a motivation letter and a 2 page Curriculum Vitae (CV) and send it ONLY to [email protected] before the 20th of March 2015. Short-listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing with Ishtar Staff will lead to immediate disqualification.
NB: This is a part-time voluntary position with minimum monthly stipend to facilitate mobilization.
LGBTi Artist & Activist