As the annual PRIDE UGANDA festival quickly approaches, the organisers of this year’s event have worked tirelessly to ensure that it is memorable and safe for everyone in attendance.
As the official media house for Pride 2016, we are calling on all media houses and journalists that are interested in covering the five day event to send in their bids of interest in order to be verified and accorded authorization for the same.
All interested parties can send their requests to email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the accreditation process. Only requests received before Sunday 28th July 2016 will be considered. Please note that Pride Uganda will run from 2nd -7th August 2016.
Below are the guidelines that will govern all media at this year’s Pride Festival
“Standing Together! Ffena wamu! Sisi Pamoja! Twese Kumwe”
Pride Uganda 2016 media guidelines to media houses and participants
The following are basic rules and regulations that we believe will make for a safe and happy Uganda Pride 2016 for all. Everyone participating in or attending Pride must agree and comply with these festival Guidelines.
– Cameras and video recording devices may be used for PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY.
– No drones are allowed on the Pride grounds.
– All members of the press will be issued valid identification tags before the event
– All photos and videos captured during the event MUST be relevantly used in relation to stories concerning Pride
– Members of the media, individuals and organizations wishing to document the Festival must fill out a media application(to be provided by Kuchu Times) and check in with a designated Pride committee member.
– Recording of entertainers’ performances is prohibited unless otherwise permitted by the organizing committee.
– When photographing, please kindly ask for permission of the subject in advance to respect people’s wishes regarding having their likeness captured.
Note to Public
There will be media; photographers, video and other documentation systems during the event and Uganda Pride cannot be held responsible for the use of any images taken.
Uganda Pride and Kuchu Times however reserve the right to use any and all images for future advertising and promotion, with no compensation to any person.
BY WILLINGLY ATTENDING PRIDE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND THIS WILL BE REGARDED AS YOUR CONSENT FORM.