Would you like to share your story as an LGBTI identifying person? Well, the perfect opportunity is presenting itself
The third edition of Bombastic Magazine, set to be distributed in March 2017 is giving you the opportunity to tell your story in your own words.
You are encouraged to submit any stories that you want to share with the world irrespective of topic. Below are a few ideas to help you get started
- unemployment in the LGBTI and sex workers’ community and schemes to create work
- Health concern in the LGBTI community as well as solutions to counter these
- shifting dynamics in the global economy and the refugee problem
- personal stories, could be about religion, experiences, growing up, career or anything in between
- the role of religion in the lives of LGBTI people
- how government policies have affected our lives
- projects that we are engaged in to beat the terrible socio-economic environment in Uganda
Feel free, also, to choose another related area that concerns the LGBTI movement. You can also submit your articles, poems, and stories in any preferred language. Please send appropriate photos, if you have any, along with your text submission; Do not send us images for which you do not have the copyright. Also remember to include your name or preferred pseudonym. As in previous editions, we will have a section dedicated to pictorials and you are encouraged to share your pictures as well.
In the event that you cannot write your story, please reaxh out to us and we will come and document what you what to share. The number to call is +256 778 830 168. You can also reach us on Facebook facebook.com/KuchuTimes/ and Twitter @KuchuTimes. You can also send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]
Interested parties should contact us by 28th February 2017
EDITOR’S NOTE: Bombastic Magazine is the only LGBTI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex) magazine in Uganda and is publication of the Kuchu Times Media Group.